Mills James Cincinnati Moves into Historic Gwynne Building

 

COLUMBUS, Ohio (4/4/11) — A little more than a year after opening the doors to its office on William Howard Taft Road in the city’s University District, Mills James Cincinnati will relocate downtown to the historic Gwynne Building. The new lease will strategically locate Mills James on the northeast corner of Main and 6th streets, in the heart of the tri-state area’s business district.“We are all very excited about moving to the Gwynne Building,” said vice president of Mills James Cincinnati Bruce Reid. “The downtown location is great for business as it allows us to work more intimately and efficiently with our clients in the tri-state region.”  

In 1913, the Gwynne Building was developed on the site under the direction of Alice Gwynne Vanderbilt, Gwynne’s granddaughter and wife of Cornelius Vanderbilt II. Vanderbilt’s cousin, Ernest Flagg, designed the building. Flagg, a successful New York architect, was considered one of the most innovative practitioners of the classical revival Beaux-Arts style reflected in the Gwynne Building’s details.

The 13-story Gwynne Building was completed in 1914 and Vanderbilt dedicated it to her father, prominent Cincinnati lawyer and judge, Abraham Gwynne. The Gwynne Building is one of 15 registered historic buildings in Hamilton County. For more information on the Gwynne Building, visit www.thegwynnebuilding.com

The new address for Mills James Cincinnati is 602 East Main Street, Suite 202, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202. 

### 

For more information, please contact:
David Heimann
Marketing Communications, Mills James
P: 614.850.2044 • E: dheimann@mjp.com